GObike has developed a bike match program to connect people with bikes to those in need of bikes in the Buffalo-Niagara region.
The program is based on New York City’s #BikeMatch launched by Transportation Alternatives.
As a bike advocacy organization, we want to help frontline workers to ease the burden in our communities and help those meeting essential needs by bicycle.
The process is simple: those with an extra, working bicycle can donate a bike. Those in need can request a bicycle. Both parties can fill out this brief form.
GObike staff will match bike donor to bike receiver.
The guidelines are as follows:
- 1. Only offer bikes that are in ready-to-ride condition.
- If you are offering a bike, for sanitary purposes, clean the bike thoroughly before hand-off (handlebars, gear shifters, seat, etc.) with soap and water or isopropyl alcohol.
- Both people offering and receiving bikes will be expected to participate in an outdoor, no-contact exchange in a public place observing physical distancing guidelines.
- If you have a fever or cough, or have been exposed to someone who has a fever or cough, please self-quarantine and refrain from participating.
- For sanitary purposes, all bike exchanges are permanent.
We ask only those with genuine needs to request a bicycle.
Please contact Rebecca at rebecca-at-gobikebuffalo.org with questions.