We’re hiring an Outreach Specialist to support GObike’s GO Buffalo Niagara Transportation Management Association (TMA) Initiative. Our GO Buffalo Niagara program is part of our ongoing commitment to promote connected and sustainable communities through active and shared mobility options. GObike believes equity, inclusion and diversity will make our organization and our region stronger.
We promote active mobility options, trails and greenways, and complete streets in Western New York. We connect and empower communities through advocacy, education, planning, and engagement.
GO Buffalo Niagara is a key program of GObike that works to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on the road and the problems they cause, including pollution, crashes, and valuable resources lost to parking. GO Buffalo Niagara is funded in part by the Federal Highway Administration’s Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program and serves commuters, residents, employers, businesses, developers, schools, and other institutions to promote transit, introduce vanpool, expand bikeshare, and support carpool across Erie and Niagara Counties.
GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist
The GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist is a full-time position whose responsibility is to assist with the development, implementation and promotion of Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that provide alternative travel options and improve mobility and access throughout the region. This position reports to the GO Buffalo Niagara Program Manager. The Outreach Specialist will also provide GObike Buffalo with administrative assistance.
- Conduct onsite events, promotions and marketing activities at partner sites to promote all mobility options and register employees and tenants for regional programs and services.
- Serve as the TDM coordinator for worksite partners, organizations, properties and commuters.
- Support the program manager to establish new and manage existing partner/client relationships with employers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Increase participation rates and program awareness among employees, tenants, and partner locations.
- Generate new partnerships through cold calling, networking and public meetings.
- Generate measurable results from employer or commuter participation in mobility promotions and incentive programs.
- Support administrative tasks, including updating and sorting both physical and digital filing systems, monitoring and managing an inventory of office and program supplies.
- Support the development of standard operating procedures for team reporting.
- Coordinate team schedules, appointments and meetings.
- Collect and prepare reports and/or documentation for GObike board meetings and executive staff.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly invoices.
- Assist with human resources management, including benefits coordination and timecard monitoring.
- Assist with bookkeeping and financial reporting.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, accounting, communications, urban planning, public administration, environmental sciences, or another related field.
- A minimum of two years paid work experience in a professional setting, ideally related to sales and marketing, office administration, accounting, retail, transportation, or customer service.
- Understanding of transportation planning and coordination of specific transportation projects such as transit planning and operations, carpool, bike or pedestrian planning.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and engage with community members and organizations.
- Demonstrated skill in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Ability to interpret institutional policies and/or federal, state and local regulations and create programs to fit within these policies and advance project goals.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with partners, private sector representatives, government agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work across racial, ethnic, gender, class and ability differences.
- Personal commitment to active transportation (biking, walking, and transit).
- Experience and/or comfort with public speaking and presentation.
- Experience and/or comfort using video-conferencing tools.
- Ability to manage their time across multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience and/or comfort with QuickBooks Online, a plus.
- Comfort using Microsoft office and web-based file systems (i.e., Google Suite).
This position is for 40 hours a week, starting November 29, 2021. Applicants should expect to work a variable schedule, depending on the timing of workshops and presentations. The GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist will typically work weekdays, but may be scheduled for nights and weekends, with advance notice, for presentations or events. Salary for the position is $50,000 annually, plus benefits and paid time off.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit a resume and a cover letter as to why you are excited about this opportunity to Brendan@gobuffaloniagara.org by Sunday, October 31st, at 11:59 p.m.