We’re hiring a development intern to support GObike’s membership growth strategies and assist advocacy initiatives in WNY.
GObike believes diversity, equity and inclusion will make our organization and our region stronger. Our advocacy work is part of our ongoing commitment to increase our engagement with people and communities that are currently underrepresented in the cycling community and within our organization.
We promote active biking, walking and transit, trails and greenways, and complete streets in Western New York. We work directly with and connect communities through advocacy, education, planning, projects, and engagement. GObike’s complete streets work includes building temporary pop-up projects like crosswalks, bike lanes, and other street features using paint and construction materials.
The development intern supports GObike’s development director to execute an annual development strategy. The development intern will be responsible for day-to-day member and donor communications, development copywriting, and support of fundraising events. The position will coordinate with other departments to facilitate externally facing communications and
support opportunities for membership growth across organizational programs. This position reports to the Development Director.
Key responsibilities include:
● Supporting maintenance and growth of GObike’s membership program
●Coordinating staff input to grant reports and annual reports
● Supporting planning and execution of key GObike fundraising and friendraising events, including, but not limited to SkyRide and Solstice Soiree
●Assisting with execution of an annual development plan to meet goals for membership and donations
●Cultivating donor and member relationships with responsive communications
●Responding to donor and member inquiries
●Drafting e-mail and social media communications to support member/donor acquisition and retention strategies
● Assisting the development director with the development of sponsorship proof of performance, annual report to the community, and grant reports
● Clear and effective communicator
● Ability to manage time across multiple projects
● Demonstrated ability to work across racial, ethnic, gender, class and ability differences
● Personal commitment to active transportation (biking, walking, and transit)
● Comfort using Microsoft office and web-based file systems (i.e., Google Suite)
● Basic experience in graphic design/layout design, preferred
This internship position is for 10-20 hours a week starting May 2, 2022. The development intern will typically work weekdays, but may be scheduled with two weeks advance notice for open shop nights and weekends, as needed. Remote work options are available. The internship pays a stipend of $1500. Course credit may be arranged.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit a resume, one reference, and a statement of interest to Alison Merner at firstname.lastname@example.org