There are many ways to have an impact right now, one of which is with our wallets.
Our staff is pledging to ride a select number of miles and match the number of miles of road with a monetary donation to a black-led organization of their choosing.You can help, too: choose a GObike rider and pledge support for their selected organization. Pledge money per mile, a flat-rate amount, or a recurring donation–anything you can do to support these organizations.
Or better still, get out and ride to support a local black-led organization of your choosing and ask your friends, family, and followers to do the same.
Let us know what you are committing to via this short form.
Tag your posts, activities, and donations with #buffaloridesforblacklives. Let’s show our support and fund the work ahead at this critical time.
See our staff commitments:
- Anthony Armstrong: Riding 225 miles for Black Love Resists in the Rust and OPEN Buffalo
- Justin Booth: Riding 100 miles for PUSH Buffalo and Open Buffalo
- Thea Hassan: Riding 100 miles for VOICE Buffalo
- Katie O’Sullivan: Riding and walking 155 miles for Black Love Resists in the Rust // Just Resisting
- Rebecca Reilly: Riding 1 mile for Juneteenth (she had neck surgery last week)
- Ashley Smith: Riding 50 miles this PUSH Buffalo
- Jim Jones: Riding 75 miles for Black Love Resists in the Rust and Fruit Belt Community Land Trust
Thank you to our board commitments:
Greg Stevens: Supporting Thea’s ride and VOICE Buffalo
Tim McMorrow: Riding 100 miles in support of African Heritage Food Co-Op
Blair Woods: Supporting Black Love Resists in the Rust
Alex and Ashley Keppel: Supporting Justin’s ride and PUSH Buffalo/Open Buffalo
Additional thanks to Nadine Chalmers and Kelly Dixon for their support.
Additional local organizations to which you can donate to include: