We need volunteers!
After a delay in getting our permits for painting complete streets, we’re working to paint a lot of infrastructure before the cold weather hits. We’re also counting bicycles and pedestrians again this fall. Sign up below!
Pop-Up Projects: Ridge Road
We’re gearing up for our largest pop-up project to date–constructing a protected bike lane on Ridge Road in Lackawanna.
Duties include: moving equipment, painting, installing delineators, and installing Rubberform recycled rubber curbing. Come and make history by making Ridge Road safer to ride your bike on! As with above, you can help as long as you are able.
Counting Bicycles and Pedestrians
We need volunteers to help count bicyclists and pedestrians in September!
Counting bicyclists and pedestrians allows communities to understand where people are currently walking and biking, and where they are avoiding. Conducting counts allows biking and walking pattern changes to emerge and demonstrate how street design influences bicycle and pedestrian volumes. Data enables informed conversations between community members, advocates, and elected officials.
Bike counts will be conducted from 4 to 6 pm on Tuesday to Thursday, September 8 to 10, and 12 to 2 pm on Saturday, September 12. Rain dates for the counts will be held the following week (Tuesday to Thursday, September 15 to 17, and Saturday, September 19). Volunteer commitment is two-hours on the day of your choosing.
Ready to volunteer?
- Review our count site locations.
- Sign up for count slot via our volunteer sign up sheet. Note, we’d prefer to count each location once during the week and once during the weekend. If you are able, please try to select a location with no one counting there yet. If you have no preference for location, please email Thea at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll sign you up for a spot.
- If you are a new volunteer, please plan to attend a half-hour orientation via Zoom on either Tuesday, September 1, at 6 pm, or Wednesday, September 2, at 12 pm.
- Download and print your count materials (as needed, below).
- Count on the day you selected!