We’re hiring an Outreach Specialist to support GO Buffalo Niagara, a program of GObike and our region’s Transportation Management Association (TMA). The GO Buffalo Niagara program (GOBN) is part of our ongoing commitment to promote connected and sustainable communities through active and shared mobility options. GObike believes equity, inclusion and diversity will make our organization and our region stronger.
No application will be considered without a cover letter and resume.
We promote active mobility options, trails and greenways and complete streets in Western New York. We connect and empower communities through advocacy, education, planning and engagement.
GOBN is a key program of GObike that works to reduce the number of single occupancy vehicles on the road and the problems they cause, including pollution, crashes, and valuable space and resources lost to parking. GOBN is funded in part by the Federal Highway Administration’s Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Program. GOBN serves commuters, residents, employers, businesses, developers, schools and other institutions to promote transit, walking, and biking for transportation, introduce vanpool, expand bikeshare, and support carpooling across Erie and Niagara Counties.
GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist
The GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist is a full-time position whose responsibility is to assist with the development, implementation and promotion of Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies that provide active and sustainable travel options to improve mobility and access throughout the region. This position reports to the GO Buffalo Niagara Program Manager.
- Conducting onsite events, promotions and marketing activities at partner sites to promote all mobility options and registering individuals for regional programs and services.
- Serving as a transportation coordinator for worksites, organizations, properties and commuters including the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus (BNMC), Erie County, Buffalo AKG, and other partners/TMA members.
- Supporting the Program Manager in establishing new and managing existing partner/client relationships with employers, developers, event planners, and stakeholders.
- Increasing awareness of and participation in Guaranteed Ride Home, Commuter Rewards, Bike to Work Week, Transit Month, and other transportation-related programs throughout the region.
- Tracking participation in mobility promotions and incentive programs.
- Performing communications work including creating e-newsletters and social media posts.
- Maintaining contact lists including updating mailing lists as new contacts are collected.
- Assisting with monthly program-related invoicing processes.
- Managing secure bike parking access system.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience, and education including, but not limited to the following:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of two years paid work experience in a professional setting, ideally related to sales and marketing, office administration, transportation, or customer service.
- Experience commuting actively/sustainably using transit, walking, biking, carpooling, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work across racial, ethnic, gender, class and ability differences.
- Capability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time across multiple projects.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with community members and organizations.
- Skill in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with partners, private sector representatives, government agencies and the general public.
- Comfort with public speaking and presentation.
- Experience using video-conferencing tools.
- Comfort using Microsoft office and web-based file systems (i.e., Google Suite).
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not required):
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing/business/communications or urban planning/public administration/environmental sciences.
- Understanding of transportation demand management and coordination of specific transportation projects such as transit planning and operations, carpool, bike or pedestrian planning.
- Fluency in Mailchimp, Adobe Illustrator, and WordPress.
This position is for 40 hours a week. The GO Buffalo Niagara Outreach Specialist should expect to work a variable monthly schedule. The position will typically work weekdays, but may be scheduled for activities on nights and weekends with advance notice. This position offers a flexible hybrid schedule with regular office hours at GObike’s headquarters at 313 Broadway.
- Pay range is $45,000 to $50,000 annually
- Includes full health benefits (Independent Health Flexfit Platinum Plan premium)
- 15 days paid time off in the first year of employment and 20 by year two
- Paid sick time and holidays
- Free GObike household membership
- Employee pricing at the GObike Community Workshop
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit a resume and a cover letter as to why you are excited about this opportunity to email@example.com by Sunday, October 15th, at 11:59 p.m.