GObike Niagara is an initiative led by the City of Niagara Falls, Empire State Development, and GObike Buffalo to develop a City of Niagara Falls Bicycle Master Plan.
The plan will be integrated into the recently adopted comprehensive Complete Streets policy for the City of Niagara Falls. The complete streets policy, approved by Niagara Falls City Council in January 2018, outlines a commitment to improve bicycle and pedestrian friendliness in the City through consistent public realm design standards.
The Niagara Falls Bicycle Master Plan will:
- Provide an inventory of existing and planned bicycle infrastructure;
- Support the goal of the Complete Streets policy to “create a comprehensive, integrated, connected transportation network for the City of Niagara Falls that balances access, mobility, health and safety needs for all residents";
- Eliminate gaps in the bikeway network to make bicycling a safe, accessible and affordable transportation option of choice;
- Guide the newly established inter-departmental complete streets advisory board to annually re-evaluate capital improvement and maintenance projects to encourage implementation of bicycle improvements identified through citizen engagement; and
- Guide future complete street projects and establish baseline metrics to annually evaluate and measure progress through the identified metrics.
Plans Informing our Region:
Plans Informing our City:
For additional plans visit One Region Forward, the GBNRTC, and the City of Niagara Falls Website.