We’re hiring a Development Manager to support our fundraising and events management.
GObike believes diversity, equity and inclusion will make our organization and our region stronger. Our work and programs are part of our ongoing commitment to increase engagement with and relevance to people and communities that have been systematically excluded and are currently underrepresented in the cycling community and within our organization.
We promote active mobility options, trails and greenways, and complete streets in Western New York. We connect and empower communities through advocacy, education, planning, and engagement.
The development manager is responsible for the management of GObike’s fundraising activities. Key responsibilities include the creation of an annual fundraising strategy, which includes event management, grant writing, donation and sponsorship solicitation.
This position reports to the executive director.
- Works directly with executive core team leadership to develop an organization-wide annual development plan, outlining fundraising strategies and targets
- Plans and delivers annual fundraising and friendraising events, including SkyRide and Solstice Soiree. Event responsibilities include preparing and managing event budgets and coordinating event logistics with staff support.
- Works with and supports the board of director’s Development Committee fundraising efforts, including annual and corporate giving campaigns
- Manages an annual calendar of grant opportunities, identifying new grants and making recommendations to the executive director
- Supports the executive director with grant application composition
- Manages grant portal logins and supports program managers with required reporting and submission
- Works with the executive director and program staff to develop scopes of work for grant requests and metrics for grant reporting
- Manages the development of the organization’s annual report
- Works with the communications director to support completion of sponsor reporting
- 3+ years development experience
- Demonstrated experience managing state and/or federal grants and coordinating events
- Ability to communicate with team members and executive leadership
- Ability to manage their time across multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work across racial, ethnic, gender, class and ability differences
- Personal commitment to active transportation (biking, walking, and transit) is a plus
- Comfort using Microsoft office and web-based file systems (i.e., Google Suite)
This position is for 40 hours a week starting immediately. Applicants should expect to work a variable monthly schedule. The development director will typically work weekdays, but may be scheduled for events, board meetings, or leadership rides, nights and weekends with advance notice. This position offers flexibility on working location and is based out of GObike’s office at 313 Broadway. Pay range is $41,600 to 49,920 annually, plus health benefits and 15 days paid time off in the first year of employment.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit a resume as well as a cover letter or statement as to why you are excited about this opportunity to Ashley@gobikebuffalo.org no later than Monday February 6, 2023.