We’re hiring an education manager to support youth and adult bicycle education in WNY.
GObike believes diversity, equity and inclusion will make our organization and our region stronger. Our education programs are part of our ongoing commitment to increase engagement with and relevance to people and communities that are currently underrepresented in the cycling community and within our organization.
We promote active mobility options, trails and greenways, and complete streets in Western New York. We connect and empower communities through advocacy, education, planning, and engagement.
The Education Manager is a full-time position whose responsibility is to facilitate and manage GObike bicycle education programs in the community including, but not limited to school and community-based programs, safety campaigns, mechanic courses, and educational video development. This position reports to the deputy director and is based out of the GObike office at 313 Broadway.
- Developing, maintaining and strengthening community partnerships
- Arranging host locations for both virtual and in-person education classes, programs, and workshops
- Managing and coordinating staff instruction and materials preparation and set up for community-based youth and adult education presentations, bike rodeos, and group rides
- Preparing in person presentations and webinars for partnering businesses and organizations
- Coordinating with the workshop director to request and transport tools and supplies, including lights, locks, and helmets, for mobile repair events and education programs
- Developing, maintaining, and updating GObike bicycle education curricula, keeping up-to-date with current traffic laws and regulations
- Training, scheduling and managing seasonal and part-time instructors
- Ensuring completion of proposals, MOUs, waivers, and photo releases for all education programs
- Tracking and reporting on education programs, with particular attention to the achievement of deliverables for all grant-supported, sponsored, and contracted education programs
- Coordinating with the communications director for the development of any flyers, pamphlets or other needed education materials
- Hosting regular classes at the community workshop and scheduling community-based mobile repair programs in direct coordination with the workshop director and shop mechanic(s)
- Assisting with mobile repair activities and workshops, on an as-needed basis
- Strong working knowledge of traffic rules and regulations (training available)
- Experience and/or comfort teaching, leading groups and/or working with volunteers
- Experience and/or comfort using video-conferencing tools
- Customer service and sales skills
- Basic bike mechanics skills are a plus (training available)
- Ability to manage their time across multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work across racial, ethnic, gender, class and ability differences
- Personal commitment to active transportation (biking, walking, and transit)
- Comfort using Microsoft office and web-based file systems (i.e., Google Suite)
- Candidate must have a valid NYS Driver’s License
League Cycling Instructor (LCI) certification through the League of American Bicyclists will be required. If an applicant is not already certified, they must be willing to complete certification requirements within their first six months of employment with GObike support.
This position is for 40 hours a week starting immediately. Applicants should expect to work a variable monthly schedule, depending on the timing of programs, workshops and presentations. The education manager will typically work weekdays, but may be scheduled for open shop nights and weekends, as needed. Pay is $19-24 hourly, plus health benefits and paid time off.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit a resume as well as a cover letter or statement as to why you are excited about this opportunity to Ashley@gobikebuffalo.org.